Pests are a big headache to homeowners. They not only damage the property and the furniture in the house but also are a major health risk. The bugs and insects carry a number of infections, which affect the health of humans living in the house.
Consult a reputed company for pest control in the North Shore to safeguard the health of your family members by eliminating and preventing pest infestation in your property. These are some of the common illnesses caused by pests
- Ticks cause Lyme disease. The disease is caused, when a tick is attached to the body for more than 24 hours. The disease has symptoms like headache, rash, fever and joint pains. The disease cures easily when treated in the early stages using antibiotics.
- Mosquitoes breed in stagnant water and cause a host of diseases like Malaria and dengue. The symptoms of Malaria are high fever with chills, vomiting and severe headaches. Dengue is another dangerous disease spread by mosquitoes, which results in decreased platelet count in the blood and leads to death, if not treated properly at the right time.
- Flies carry a lot of infections and cause life threatening diseases like Cholera. The symptoms of cholera are diarrhoea, vomiting and severe fever.
- Rodents are responsible for many deaths around the world. They carry a number of bacteria, viruses and worms. They also play hosts to a number of parasites that cause disease in humans. Rodents are the main cause of diseases like plague, Rat bite fever and Hantavirus. All these diseases are serious and might lead to fatal consequences, if not treated properly.
- Cockroaches cause a lot of infections which leads to diseases like typhoid, Shigellosis and Salmonellosis. Cockroaches are also a major cause of Asthma in children.
- Redback spiders are poisonous. Though anti-venom is available, the bite of a Redback spider is very painful.
- Bedbugs are other commonly found pests, which feed on human blood. They cause a lot of infections and skin irritations.
The small and tiny insects cause serious and life threatening diseases for humans and pets. It is always advisable to consult a professional service for pest control in the North Shore and get an inspection done. It will help you to keep the pests away and stay safe from the various diseases.