If you plan on becoming a TEFL teacher soon, you should know that it can be quite difficult entering into something you know nothing about. Before you can make a big decision such as becoming an English teacher and teaching abroad, you must first get an understanding of what you’ll be getting into. Luckily, there is one person who can help you with that.
Did you know that you can actually speak with an expert on TEFL to help you understand more about the field and the industry? In fact, most TEFL training schools recommend that you first speak with a TEFL advisor before you enrol in a program. The reason for this is that TEFL training schools want you to first understand the job opportunities for TEFL teachers, and what the process of getting certified include. They would help you understand your role as an English teacher to non-speakers and how you can effectively help them better.
Here’s how speaking to a TEFL advisor can help you when planning to teach English abroad.
- First and foremost, they would help you understand the basics of living and working abroad. Know that no matter what you may ask them, they would be able to provide you with real answers as they themselves had also experienced the same thing you plan on experiencing.
- TEFL advisors also help you learn more about the job opportunities that come with a TEFL certification. If you want to teach English in Thailand, they will help inform you about the requirements and the standards particular to that country.
- They can also advise you on where your qualifications would best benefit you.
- TEFL advisors can help you develop realistic expectations when it comes to living and working in a different country. They will help you understand payments and benefits and how you can save money.
- TEFL advisors will also be able to help you choose the right TEFL course for you and help you make a timeline when getting TEFL certification.
- Finally, they will help you understand visas, legalities and will even help you develop a solid financial plan.