It is typical to find bathroom basins in home, restaurants, hotels, offices and other establishments. They are highly functional and are easy to clean with less maintenance needs. Cleaning bathroom basins do not require harsh cleaning materials and other toxic solutions. As a matter of fact, you can maintain a basin with simple cleaning materials that you can find at home. Here are some materials that you will need:
- Clean washcloth
- Baking soda
- Sponge or scrub
Ways to clean bathroom basins
- Remove all the items inside your vanity basin unitincluding those around the sink such as toiletries, soap dishes and other toilet materials and equipment.
- Place the plug on the sink.
- Sprinkle baking soda on the sink and around it. Place more baking soda on areas with grease marks, mildew and lime scale or areas where unwanted elements are building up.
- Pour white vinegar on areas with dirt build-up. The mixture of baking soda and vinegar should sizzle.
- Allow it sit for five minutes or more.
- Use the sponge and slightly scrub the surface up to the centre of the basin. Put more attention on the drain and rim since it is where the concentration of grime and dirt is found.
- Rinse the basin with tap water.
- Scrub off any remaining dirt or grime with the same solutions.
Helpful cleaning tips:
- Because cleaning and maintenance of bathroom basins do not involve toxic cleaning solutions, you can get your kids into helping you. If the basin is still high for them, you can still have them nearby and watch you clean instead.
- You can also use the same solution for cleaning taps and your kitchen sink. Rinse the taps and drains with plenty of water because vinegar can lead to corrosion when left sitting on materials for too long especially on metal surface.
- Avoid having contact with vinegar around your eyes as it would sting because of its acidity. Wash your hands thoroughly after cleaning the sink. Administer the kids who may be helping the cleaning process and keep them from touching sink surfaces while vinegar is still on.