It can be challenging to focus right after a car accident. Even if you have ประกันภัยรถยนต์, your mind could be muddled with so many things especially if there was an injury or casualty. However, you need to stay focused in order to avoid complications and legal liabilities in the long run. Here are some of the things that you should keep in mind after a road accident.
- Do not leave the scene. This is particularly true if you were the one who caused the accident. The aggrieved party could easily file for hit-and-run complaint which would further increase your liabilities.
- Check the passengers. Before checking vehicle damages, check the divers and passengers first if there was anyone injured or if anyone requires immediate medical attention. If so, call the ambulance for medical assistance.
- Call the authorities. The next thing you should do is call the police. This will mitigate your moral liability and may even constitute forgiveness from the other party especially if only minor damage was incurred. The authorities will also assess the damage and determine who is at fault and if you are answerable to any damages.
- Exchange vital information. This is an important step for your ประกันภัยรถยนต์ Obtain the names, contact numbers, basic insurance information, plate numbers and driver’s license number including the names and contact information of passengers, if there are any.
- Call your insurance provider. The next step is for you to call your car insurance provider to let them know of the accident. Provide necessary information such as your location and the circumstance leading to the accident. Make sure to provide factual information for your insurance company to assist you better. Any misinformation could constitute legal impediments on your part.
- Take photos of the vehicles. This will help your ประกันภัยรถยนต์ company in assessing the extent of damage and the amount of compensation needed.
Be mindful of your statements. Lastly, be careful of your statements as they could be used against you. If you have a lawyer, it would also be best to call him for your legal protection and assistance.